Definition of Computer Room
Computer room is a room specially created for keeping computers and other peripheral devices. It is also called computer laboratory. In designing this room, the components of a computer room must be put into consideration.
Table of Contents
Components of a Computer Room
- Computer system
- Furniture (computer tables and chairs)
- Electric surge protector
- Air conditioner or ceiling fan
- Dust cover
- Printing paper
- Photocopy machine
- Fire extinguisher
- Multimedia speaker
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Web camera
- Interactive white board
Definition of Computer Room Management Ethics
This refers to the basic rules and regulations governing the behavior of individuals while using computers in the laboratory. As a result of the delicate nature of the computer, it is very important to take good care of the computer to make it work properly. Always keep your computer in a dust-free room. Clean it regularly using a soft, dry cloth. Never touch the monitor or any part of the computer with dirty hands.
How to Take Care of Your Computer
- Always make sure that the computer is kept in a well-ventilated area
- Place the computer on a desk, not in a closed cabinet
- There should be appropriate lighting in the computer room to keep the room well lit up.
- The arrangement of the computer system should be done in a way that the user would not need to strain their neck, back or eyes.
- Cables should not be left to litter the ground so as to avoid accident
- Wipe desk or table tops, component casings and other exposed surface with a soft cloth or any recommended cleaning product intended for computer use
- Do not eat or drink anything near your computer
- Shutdown the machine properly before switching off the power outlet
- Unplug the system when it is not in use for long.
- The use of anti-glare is recommended when using computer, in order to protect the eyes.
- Define the following: (i) Computer room (ii) Computer room management ethics.
- Mention five (5) ways to take of your computer.
- Mention ten (10) components of a computer room.
- State FIVE (5) reasons why it is necessary to take good care of your computer.
- Name the parts of the computer that tend to get dusty easily. How can you take care of them?