Dance is any body movement home or space for express human emotion in reaction to musical performance anywhere. It is an organized movement of the body to musical rhythm. It could be for fun to narrate a story, to inform or entertain.
STRUCTURE OF DANCE
Dance has three basic structures, they are:
- The beginning: This includes entry warm up and first impression.
- The middle: This includes dancing proper and the climax.
- The end: This includes rounding off last impression and exists.
ESSENTIAL OF A DANCE
- Body awareness: The body is the most important instrument for dance to make series of gesture and miming.
- Awareness of weight: The weight of a dancer in reaction to his presentation matters a lot weight is the quality in movement. It is characterization by firmness or lightness. Lightness is referred to as graceful and gentle movement while heavy weights are low.
- Awareness of apace: Space is necessary for comfortable dance. It can be in form of village scow are, foot ball fields, market square e.t.c. types of space available for dance are:
- Personal space: The immediate space in mounding a dancer.
- Fore space: Is the wider general space.
Awareness of time: This refers to the timing of movements in terms of spend which is usually described as sudden swift, smart and sharp movement in respect of time is the slow line ring one.