Manufacturing refers to the turning of raw material into new products by mechanical or chemical processes at home or in the factory.
Table of Contents
Manufacturing industry is concerned with the activities of those who engage in processing and turning raw material produced in the primary industries into finished product. Examples shoe making, food processing, plastic processing, textile processing etc
Construction Industry is concerned with all the activities of those who engage in assembling of goods manufactured into useable form. Construction Industries engage in activities like construction of roads, bridges, Airports, furniture houses etc.
- Define Construction
- List four examples of construction industries.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF INDUSTRIAL SECTOR TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Industrial sector has contributed greatly to the economic development of all nations in the following ways;
- Increase in the Gross National Products (GDP)
- Provision of Employment opportunities
- Stimulation of other sectors of the Economy
- Control Inflation due to mass production
- Infrastructural development
- Diversification of the economy
- Funding of educationand research
- Manpower Development.
- Explain four roles of manufacturing and construction industry to Economic development.
- Discuss the contribution of industrial sector to Economics development.
- Write short note on I saving ii Investment iii Consumption
- Explain each of the following i Terms of Trade ii Balance of Terms.
- What is Taxation?
- Distinguish between direct tax and indirect tax
- Why does the government impose taxes?
- The industry concerned with conversion of raw material into finished goods is A. conversion B. manufacturing C. construction D. power
- An example of manufacturing industry is A. shoe making B. road construction C. service D. banking
- One of the contribution of construction industry to the development of the economy is A. decreasing the GDP B. unemployment of graduate C. Stimulation of other sectors D. shortage of infrastructure
- The sector where the manufacturing industry gets its raw material is in A. secondary primary C. tertiary D. semi secondary
- One of the problems facing the manufacturing and construction industry in Nigeria is……..except lack of skilled personnel B. high level of illiteracy C. lack of fund D. surplus fund.
- Outline any three problems which result from the concentration of manufacturing industries.
- Discuss five contribution of industries to the Economy