Energy is the ability to be active or to do work
Table of Contents
MEANING OF ENERGY CONVERSION
Energy conversion is also known as energy transformation. It is the process of changing energy from one type of energy to another.
FORMS OF ENERGY CONVERSION
- Mechanical energy can be transformed to heat energy.
- Electrical energy can be transformed to mechanical energy. For example, blender, electric cooker etc.
- Electrical energy can be transformed to heat energy. For example, pressing iron, electric stove etc
- Mechanical energy can be transformed to electrical energy.
- Chemical energy can be transformed to heat energy. For example, kerosene stove.
- Solar energy can be transformed to heat energy, chemical energy and electrical energy.
- Light energy can be transformed to heat energy.
IMPORTANCE OF ENERGY CONVERSION
- It saves money
- It reduces pollution
- It saves energy
- It generates energy
- It replaces nonrenewable energy.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
The Teacher introduces the new topic.
The Teacher explains the note in details.
The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Explain the meaning of energy conversion
- Name forms of energy conversion
- State the importance energy conversion
- Define energy conversion
- List three forms of energy conversion
- State 5 importance of energy conversion.