MEANING OF SREVICE
Service is the work done by somebody for an organization or somebody else as a job, duty or favour. It is also the work that somebody can do or does by virtue of their job, profession or training. In this regard, we can say a servant is someone who follows and does the will of his master, receives instructions and learns from him or her.
Table of Contents
EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE THAT RESPONDED TO CALL TO SERVICE
There were some people who served faithfully according to the Bible. They were so sincere, honest, trustworthy, constant, reliable and dependable in their relationship with others and in the performance of their duties. Joseph and Ruth were the good examples of people that served God and humanity faithfully, that we can emulate today. Other examples include: Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Caleb, Samuel, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and many others. These were people God entrusted with the service to His people.
- What is service?
- Mention fifteen people that responded to the call to service in the Bible.
EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE WHO SERVED THE SOCIETY FAITHFULLY
The following people have been proven to serve their societies faithfully at different times of their lives.
- Herbert Macaulay
- Obafemi Awolowo 11. Nelson Mandela
- Nnamdi Azikwe 12. Desmond Tutu
- Tafawa Balewa 13. Julius Nyerere
- Anthony Enahoro 14. Leopold Senghor
- Aminu Kano 15. Martin Luther King
- Ernest Ikoli
- Funmilayo Ransom Kuti
- Margaret Ekpo
- Jaja Wachukwu
Life in God’s Service [1Peter 2:18-25]
Peter advised the servants to be submissive to their masters in all respect, not only to the kind and gentle ones, but even to the difficult ones.
Problem of Service:
The following are the problems faced while serving:
- Problem of seduction (Gen. 39:7)
- Bribery and corruption
- Hatred and persecution
- Denial of right and entitlement
- Threat as a result of unrealistic goals/targets.
- Mention five people that are currently serving the society.
- Give five problems of service.
- What is the purpose of service in the society?
- How can we identify our service in the society?
- Can service in the society be bad or poor?
- Identify five habits that can destroy ones service to the society.
- Which of these is not a form of service? (a) cleaning (b) reading (c) teaching (d) building
- Which of the following has not served in Nigeria before? (a) Obafemi Awolowo
(b) Anthony Enahoro (c) Desmond Tutu (d) Jaja Wachukwu
- Which of the following did not serve in the Bible? (a) David (b) Samuel (c) Desmond Tutu (d) Isaiah
- All these are good professions except (a) running (b) teaching (c) Dancing (d) stealing
- The following are problems of service except (a) seduction (b) nepotism (c) bribery (d) adoption
- State five conditions that can improve service.
- State five types of services that people can engage in.