- Export trade: the selling of goods/service of a country abroad. It includes goods and services sold to other countries. Nigeria’s export products are cocoa, crude oil, rubber, cassava, etc. Export can be visible and invisible. Visible export are tangible goods and invisible are services rendered abroad.
- Exeter port: is the re-exporting of goods that have been imported from other countries i.e. goods imported to countries later re–exported to other countries.
FUNCTIONS OF NIGERIA EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL
- EXPORT FUNDING: it provide financial facilities to export e.g. insurance and credit guarantee schemes.
- Exporting developing activities: it introduces measure to increase the volume and quality of goods to be exported.
- Provision of trade information: information is provided through publication of trade journal and export directives.
- Training activities: it organizes seminars and workshops on export management for people engaging in international trade.
- Publicity function: the council prepares and issues not publication containing information about activities of the council.
- Activities relating to export marketing: it gives information about Nigeria ex[ort in international market and how to improve its marketability.
- Export document preparation etc.