Jacob the father of Joseph loved him more than other Sons and because of that his brothers punished him and sold him into slavery, in Egypt. God called him to deliver the Israelites from the commune famine that is to befall the Lord of Canaan Joseph was sold to the Egyptians. While he was with Potiphar he became one of his favorite servants because of the wisdom of God and the power to interpret dreams. He was of a good character and well-trusted.
Table of Contents
Potiphar made him the Chief of his servants and put everything he had under his control Joseph was faithful to Potiphar.
One day Potiphar’s wife tempted Joseph to sleep with her to test his faithfulness and loyalty to his master, but Joseph refused because he had the fear of God and was falsely accused which led to his detainment in the prison. Even in prison, God was also with him. He was brought out of prison because he was able to interpret the dreams of the porter and the baker. God gave him wisdom and understanding to interpret the dream of Pharaoh and He was made the prime minister of Egypt.
When Joseph was made the prime minister of Egypt, He was charged with the responsibility of planting, harvesting, and storing grains against a server famine which he had earlier predicted. The famine was to last for seven years so plenty of foods had to be planted and stored. He was with the farmers and Labors clearing the Land and Planting crops. When the grain was harvested he supervised the building of barns in all cities of Egypt to store the grains.
When the famine came, the pharaoh directed all his people to Joseph for food because he had been given the responsibility. Joseph had enough food for all the people because he had done his work faithfully and efficiently none of the food was wasted and each family was given enough food to feed itself. With proper management, there was even surplus grain for people from other counties to buy from Egypt.
WAYS OF MAINTAINING A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
- Praying and living a holy life.
- Worshiping and doing good to others.
- Loving one another.
- Forgiving one another
- Reading our bible every day.
MORAL LESSONS FROM THE SERVICE OF JOSEPH IN EGYPT
- like Joseph fled from the enticement of Portiphar’s wife we should always run away from sin.
- If we want to be remembered for good even after they have left this world we should render good services to people around us.
- every good service will be rewarded here on earth and also in heaven.
- God rewarded Joseph with good and service with promotion, also he became the prime minister of Egypt.
- In what ways can we maintain a good relationship with God?
- Narrate the story of Joseph’s slavery in Egypt.