JOSHUA AS A WORTHY LEADER (JOSHUA 1:20; 2:1-0; 3:1-10)
JOSHUA AS GOD’S CHOOSEN LEADER
Joshua was called the son of Nun. He was also a leader chosen by God after the death of Moses to lead the Israelites to the Promised Land. He was a mighty warrior. He was courageous; he led the Israelites to cross the river Jordan. He also led them to conquer Ai and Jericho. He was able to lead the Israelite to the Promised Land.
Table of Contents
JOSHUA’S LEADERSHIP STYLE
Joshua, one of the judges of Israel and the successor of Moses as a political leader, reminded the Israelites of God’s cordial relationship with them for the purpose of addressing the people, he assembled all the elders, heads, judges and officers of Israel before the Lord at Shechem. Joshua in addition to inheriting the courage and religious faith of his great leader, Moses, was a man of marked military capacity. He made plans to enter the country (Canaan) by crossing the river Jordan opposite Jericho; and taking advantage of a probable landslide higher up the river, but which the chronicle boldly claimed was a miracle, he carried out his plan, and established his camp at Gilgal.
When Joshua was about to die, he gathered the elder of Israel together at Shechem and encouraged them to serve God. Joshua told them that as for him and his family, they would serve the Lord. The people of Israel obeyed him and served the Lord. He died at the age of 110 years.
- What are the achievements of Joshua as a leader?
- In what ways can you compare the leadership style of Joshua to that of Nigerian leaders today?
- Why did God chose Joshua to lead the Israelites?
- Mention two battles that Joshua fought with the Israelites.
- Explain the call of Joshua.
- How did GOD give victory to the Israelites through Joshuaty
- Joshua was the son of ___ (a) Moses (b) Nun (c) Amiran
- Who led the Israelites to the promised land (a) Moses (b) Joshua (c) Caleb (d) Esther
- How old was Joshua when he died (a) 110 years (b) 100 (c) 120 yrs (d) 50
- Joshua led the children of Israel to cross the river (a) Nile (b) Jordan (c) Taboo (d) Zambezi
- Joshua gathered the elders of Israel together at ____when he was about to die (a) Samaria (b) Shechem (c) Jerusalem (d) Ai
- Give two qualities in Joshua that makes him a worthy leader.
- Is Joshua a man of faith? Give examples to justify your view.