MEANING OF TIE-DYE
Tie-dye is a textile craft in which areas of fabric not intended to be dyed is tied tightly with raffia to resist penetration the moment fabric is dipped into a dye solution.
Table of Contents
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- Dye stuff
- Rubber gloves
- Caustic soda
- White cotton fabric
- Pot and kettle
TYPES OF DYEING METHODS
TYPES OF TYING MEHODS
- Twisting method
- Circle tying method
- Marbling method
- Knotting method
- Pleating method
- Stitching method
- Clumb tying method
- Define tie-dye.
- List two dyeing methods and two tying methods respectively.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- State five functions of drama.
- Define tragedy and comedy respectively.
- What stage fright in drama?
- What is costume?
- Define playwright.
- Which of the following is a resist material in tie and dye? (a) Raffia (b) Wax(c) Fabric (d) Rubber gloves
- The powdery pigment that is meant for dyeing a plain cotton fabric is called ____(a) dye stuff (b) caustic soda (c) hydrosuphite (d) chalk pastel
- The two basic chemicals in tie and dye are ____ (a) caustic soda and hydrosulphite (b) tannic acid and dye stuff (c) caustic soda and wax (d) formalin and hyydrosulphite
- Which of these kinds of fabric is suitable for tie and dye? (a) Silk material (b) Linen material (c) Cotton fabric (d) Lace material
- What material protects the hands from getting in contact with the toxic and harmful chemicals when preparing the dye solution? (a) Rubber gloves (b) Dis-used fabric (c) Nylon (d) None of the above.
- Define tie and dye.
- List two dying methods in tie and dye.