DEFINITION OF BEADWORK
Beadwork is a craft which involves the use ofcolourful beads and other materials and tools in making various objects skillfully. Beadwork is a decorative work made of beads. Beadwork is the art or craft of attaching beads to one another by stringing them with a sewing needle or beading needle and thread or thin wire or sewing them to cloth.
Table of Contents
MATERIALS AND TOOLS USED IN BEADWORK
- Fishing line
- Nose pliers
- Micro- crimpers
- German box-joint pliers
- Define beadwork.
- Mention two beading materials and tools.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- What is pre-historic art?
- Describe the art of the early men.
- Define these elements of drama. (i) Plot (ii) Characterization (iii) Diction (iv) Dramatis personae
- Mention the three principles of choreography.
- State five functions of make – up.
- Define rhythm and timbre in music respectively.
- What is ham acting?
- State five causes of disunity in the society.
- What is unity?
- __ is a popular place in Nigeria where bead making is practiced. (a) Bida (b) Kano (c) Sokoto (d) Zamfara
- The small round and oval pieces made of wood,glass etc.,with a hole for passing the fishing line are called ____ (a) bead (b) scissors (c) ornament (d) pliers
- __ is a product of bead work. (a) Beaded vase (b) Leather shoes (c) Hand bag (d) Ear ring
- Which one of these tools is suitable for cutting the fishing line after completing the beaded work? (a) Scissors (b) Hook (c) Knife (d) Cutter knife
- What kind of fishing line is suitable for making a beaded vase? (a) Thick fishing line (b) Rope (c) Light flexible fishing line (d) Copper wire
- What is beadwork?
- Mention two beading materials.