CONTROL OF THE SALE OF ADULTERATED GOODS
- Respect for constituted authority.
- Non-compromise of principles.
- Kind – heartedness
- Being conscious of one’s right as a consumer and willing to reject any form of cheating.
- Inspection of goods made at production companies by staff of governmental agencies that are saddled with the responsibility of regulating, testing and controlling the quality of goods made and distributed in Nigeria. This is necessary to ensure that goods meet acceptable standard before the goods get to the open market and the final consumers.
Table of Contents
State two ways of controlling thedistribution and sale of fake and adulterated goods
AGENCIES THAT FIGHT AGAINST THE PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF FAKE ANDADULTERATED GOODS
- SON: This means Standards Organisation of Nigeria.
- It organizes test and certifies goods made in Nigeria.
- It ensures that goods meet acceptable standard.
- It takes inventory of products through proper documentation, inspecting the quality of production facility, materials and products in Nigeria etc.
- NDLEA: This means National Drug Law Enforcement Agency. NDLEA functions are as follows.
- It is saddled with the responsibility of coordinating drug law enforcement duties.
- It strengthens and enhances legal means of international cooperation in tackling illegal drug activitiesand eradicating illegal cultivation of narcotic plants.
- It takes steps to prevent the use of ordinary means of transport for illegal trafficking of narcotic drugs.
- NAFDAC: This means National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. The duties of NAFDAC include the following.
- It regulates and controls the importation, manufacture, distribution and sale of regulated products.
- It carries out test on products to ensure that the products comply with acceptable standards.
- It investigates the production premises and facilities.
- It controls exportation of products and certifies products.
- It compiles standard specification procedures of regulated products.
- State the full meaning of these government agencies. (i)SON (ii)NAFDAC
- Mention one duty of the above mentioned government agencies that fight against the production,distribution and sale of fake and adulterated goods.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- What is papiermache?
- List five materials needed for papiermache.
- List five objects you can use paper pulp to mould.
- List three professionals involved in art.
- List four examples of non-visual art.
- NAFDAC stands for ____ (a) National Authority For Development And Commercialization (b) National Agency for Food And Drug Administration and Control (c) New Agency For Data Access And Control (d) None of the above
- Certification of goods made in Nigeria that meet acceptable standard is the sole duty of ____ (a) SON(b) NDLEA(c) NAFDAC (d) EFCC
- What governmental agency tackles illicit cultivation of narcotic plants? (a) NAFDAC(b)SON (c) NDLEA(d) CPA
- Another term for fake goods is ____ (a) substandard goods (b) standard goods (c) genuine goods (d) None of the above.
- Products that meet acceptable standard are ____ goods. (a) genuine(b) substandard (c) fake (d) None of the above.
- What is the full meaning of NDLEA?
- What does SON represent?