CONSEQUENCES OF USING FAKE AND ADULTERATED GOODS
MEANING OF FAKE AND ADULTERATED GOODS
Fake and adulterated goods are goods or products made with the intention to be sold as original and often mixed with materials of inferior and harmful quality.Due to adulteration, drink or food is not pure and not safe for human consumption.
Table of Contents
FAKE AND ADULTERATED GOODS
- Alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic malt drinks
- Processed can foods like can milk
- CDS ,DVDS and audio tapes
- Perfumes and cosmetics
- Vehicle spare parts
- Computer software like games
- Designer labeled clothes
REASONS WHY PEOPLE MAKE FAKE AND ADULTERATED GOODS
- Lack of patriotism
- Lack of morals
- Lack of stiff penalties
- Disloyalty (Lack of integrity)
- Define fake and adulterated goods.
- (i) Mention two goods that can be faked.
- State two reasons why people engage in the production of fake and adulterated goods.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- State the two basic kinds of clef.
- What is craft?
- List five crafts practiced in Nigeria.
- Explain apprenticeship.
- List five materials for tie and dye.
- Which one of the following is NOT a reason why people make fake and adulterated goods? (a) Disloyalty (b) Lack of stiff penalties (c) Good moral principles (d) Greed
- Fake and adulterated alcoholic drinks are ____ (a) harmful to the human body (b) good to the human body. (c) quality or standard goods. (d) authentic goods
- Any edible goods or products that are unsafe for human consumption are ____ (a) authentic goods (b) fake and adulterated goods (c) raw goods (d) unfinished goods
- Which one of these goods cannot be faked and adulterated? (a) Beans (b) CDS/DVDS (c) Vehicle spare parts (d) Processed can foods
- Products that are viewed as fake and adulterated are products made from low quality materials.(a) True (b) False (c) Maybe (d) Not sure
- What are fake and adulterated goods?
- State two reasons why people make fake and adulterated goods.