Carte du jour means menu of the day. It refers to a special menu offered to the guests that is different from those on the menu card. This menu combines the alacarte, table d’hote and plat du jour menu, each being priced according to type.This implies that the meals could be individually priced, i.e. ala carte menu;collectively priced and still be the special menu for the day.In other words a restaurant or eatery that operates this style is flexible and will satisfy customers with each of the various options.
Table of Contents
EXAMPLE OF A LA CARTE MENU FOR LUNCH
*Children stock soup with 2 slices of bread. #650
*Mixed vegetable saladchopped lettuce, tomatoes, green pepper and cucumber. #550
*Green salad crispy lettuce and cucumber in vinaigrette dressing. #750
*Roast fish served with chips/fried and seasoned vegetable. #900
*Grilled chicken in chili, served with potatoes or butter rice. #900
*OfeNsala,Edikakong,efo-riroprepared with beef, offal, fish. egusior ogbono.
*All soups are served with a choice of amala, eba, pounded yam, or semovita. #850
*Jollof rice/white rice/fried rice served with dodo and a choice of chicken. #900
Fruit salads #450
Queens cake #200
Vanilla Ice cream #500
Cream caramel #450
Sommelier recommended wine
*Red wine #100
*Remy Martins #1000
- Explain Ala carte menu.
- Give an example of a la carte menu.
EXAMPLE OF AN A LA CARTE MENU WITH CARTE DU JOUR
Cream soup N50
Tomato soup N500
Goat meat pepper soup N2,500
Pepper chicken N750
Pepper gizzard N1, 000
Fresh juice N800
Juice of the day N1, 000
Black currant chapman N1,500
Irish cream on the rock N2,500
Red wine on the rock N2, 500
Pounded yam with egusiand goat meat N3, 000
Semovita with eforiro beef/chicken N2,000
Plain yoghurt N500
SPECIAL MENU FOR THE DAY
Chocolate pudding with cream caramel N1,000
TABLE D’ HOTE
Beef with snow white rice
SPECIAL MENU FOR THE DAY
Roasted Chicken with spaghetti bolognaise.Price: As desired from #500
- Write short notes on the followingA.Carte du jourB.Plate du jourC.LuncheonD. Breakfast
- Explain the following terma. soupb. stock
- State two rules for grilling.
- State three advantages of cyclical menu
- State three factors to consider when planning menu.
- The word a la carte means ____. A.from the book B. from the card C. table of the hostD. a day’s meal
- A fixed mixed meal with one or more courses for a set price is A. plate de jour B. card du jour C. carte du jourD.a la carte
- Carte dujour combines alacarte, table d’hote and ____ A. ToastB. winesC.carte du jour D. plat du jour
- Carte du jour also means ____ for the dayA. meal B. menu C. lunch D. supper
- Cyclical means menu that?A. Are compiled to cover a given period of time Are compiled in cycles of time C. Goes through different cycles D. are arrange in cycles
- State four major differences between table d’hote ‘menu and a la carte menu’
- Sketch a menu card for a la carte menu.