- Advanced deposit: A deposit paid by a guest prior to guarantee a room reservation.
- Allotment: The number of room set aide for a particular purpose, such as group sales on tour wholesale.
- Back office: The department of the hotel that I responsible for accounting, data processing and manage0ent report. Bed and break fat plan: A room tariff that include a breakfast.
- Booking: To sell a reservation
- Check in: This is the process of greeting and registering a guest, verifying tne method of payment and dispending room keys
- Check out: This is the process of facilitating guest departure.
- Deluxe: The highest level of elegance and service.
- Double/Double: A room occupied by two beds.
- Double occupancy: A rate based on two adults occupying a room
- Folio: A guest record
- Write out the meaning of the following words in English language:
- Check out ii. Folio iii. Double/double iv. Double occupancy.
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS
- Give the meaning of the followings:-
- Folio ii. Double occupancy iii. Deluxe iv. Check in
- Define catering and hospitality.
- Explain the method of portion control
- Mention safety measures in catering establishments.
READING ASSINGMENT: Read more on common words used in catering establishment. (Catering and craft practice by Aminu Bariki Pages 81-86)
WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT (SECTION A)
- Berdmuida plan means? (a) An elegance service (b) The process of facilitating guest departure (c) Sales of reservation (d) Same as bed and breakfast plan.
- Brunch means? (a) A room with double bed (b) combination of breakfast and lunch often accompanied by champagne (c) A bed rate on two adults (d) A lodging establishment that ha food and beverage service.
- The process of facilitating the guest departure and settling the guest account I called? (a) Check in (b) Check out (c) Downgrade (d) Folio.
- The department of the hotel that is responsible for accounting and management is called? a) Front office b) Housekeeping c) Back office d) Block.
- Check in means————- a) The process of welcoming and greeting a guest b) The process of laying off the staff c) The process of collecting the key from the guest d) All of the above.
Write down ten other words used in catering establishments and their meanings.