COMPUTER OUTPUT DEVICES
AN OUTPUT DEVICES
An output device is a device that provides the result of data processing to the user. All output devices are grouped into a single unit of the computer hardware called OUTPUT UNIT.
Table of Contents
Examples of Output Devices are;
- Monitor ( also called Visual Display Unit-VDU)
- Graph plotter
- Multimedia Projector.
FEATURES OF MONITOR
A Monitor produces softcopy output (i.e. output that can be viewed on theits screen) It has three parts, which are;
- Power cable with which it connects to the power source.
- Signal cable with which it connects to the system unit.
- Its body (i.e. the screen and the internal parts.
TYPES OF MONITOR
A Monitor can be of two types;
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) OR Thin Film Transistor (TFT).
- Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)
HOW TO POWER THE MONITOR
- Connect the rubber end of the power cable to the monitor and then connect the plug end to the power socket, the system unit or the UPS.
- Connect its signal cable to the system unit by watching the pins carefully.
- Put on the power socket and then put on the monitor.
- What do you understand by output devices and give 2 examples.
- Mention the two types of monitor.
- 3. What type of output does a monitor produce?
[a] Hardcopy [b] Softcopy