For all standard typewriters, the keyboard is arranged in four rows
Table of Contents
- The top rows
- The upper rows
- The home rows
- The bottom rows
The top row consists of figures and symbols. The upper row is the QWERTY row. The home row is the home keys row while the bottom row is the bottom row contains bottom alphabetical row . The keyboard can be said to be divided into two parts: the left hand side and the right hand side.
The left fingers are used for striking keys on the left part while the right fingers are used for striking keys on the right parts.
WHAT IS TOUCH TYPING
This is the ability to type with the eyes on the Copy most of the time. It is the ability to type without looking at the keyboard.
Typewriting speed range from 25 words per minute for beginners to 60 words per minute or higher for the advanced typist.
PROPER KEYBOARDING TECHNIQUES
To achieve maximum efficiency in keyboarding, it is important to acquire correct keyboarding techniques such as:.
(1) Sit up straight in the chair with your back resting gently on the back of the chair.
(2) Keep your feet flat on the floor, with one foot slightly in front of the other.
(3) Keep arms relaxed at the side of the body while your hands are placed on the keyboard.
(4) Keep fingers curved naturally and poised over position of the home row keys.
(5) Keep your eyes on the copy to be typed.
- What is touch typing?
- Mentions the three rows on the keyboard.
- Define a public limited liability company.
- State four characteristics of a public limited liability company.
- State four advantages of a public limited liability company.
- Mention four sources of capital for a public limited liability company.
- Give three disadvantages of a public limited liability company.
- Which is not a row on the keyboard? A. Home row B. upper row C. lower row
- joint row.
- The ability to type without looking at the keyboard is called A. touch typing B. face typing C. skill D. advance typing.
- The typist work must be A. Rough B. Neat C. disorder D. Dusty.
- When the line of typing needs to be extended, the key to be depressed will be
- margin release key B. line spacer C. back pacer D. ribbon switch.
- ________ Holds the paper in place A. Paper grip B. Paper bail printing points
- typing basket.
- Mention rows on the keyboard.
- Give five proper keyboarding techniques