DUTIES OF THE EMPLOYER
- To pay wages – i.e. enumeration
- To provide work which the employee will handle
- To give holidays to the employee
- Duty to take reasonable care for his employee’s safety
- Indemnity – The employee must reimburse the employee for any expense / loss incurred on behalf of the employee.
- Duty to provide the employee with necessary tools to work with
- Duty to accept responsibility for any personal injuries sustained by the employee in the course of performing his duties
DUTIES OF THE EMPLOYEE
- Duty of care and diligence: Duty to act reasonably or to perform his duties in a reasonable manner
- Personal service
- Secrecy – duty not to divulge the employer’s confidential information to third parties
- Good faith – The employee must not allow his interest to conflict with his duties
- Duty not to make secret profit
RIGHTS OF EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE
- The rights of the employer are synonymous with the duties of the employee
- The rights of the employee are synonymous with the duties of the employer
In addition to the above, the employer has the following right
Table of Contents
- Right to enjoy the benefits of inventions or patents of the employee provided such invention were made in the course of the employee working for the employer.
- State four duties of the employer as regards his relationship with the employee.
- Mention three rights of the employer