There are some computing devices that came into existence in the 20th century including the modern devices.
Examples of these devices includes:
- ENIAC: means Electronic Numerical Integrator and Calculation. It was built by prof. John Mauchly and Prof J. Presper Eckert at the University of Pennsylvia between 1943 and 1945.
- EDVAC: means Electronic Discrete Variable Automatic Computer. It was developed by Presper Eckert, John Mauchly and John von Neumann in the year 1949.
- UNIAC: means Universal Automatic Computer. It was also made by John Mauchly and Presper Eckert. It was the first computer to use magnetic tape.
- PCs: This means Personal Computers. These are computers that are owned by individuals, organizations, schools, public offices etc. for carrying out daily data processing activities and other specific tasks. They do not need very complex knowledge to operate.
They come in various sizes and shapes. Examples are desktop computers, laptop computers, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), Pads, Tablets and Mobile Phones.
- State the full meaning of the following acronyms;
[a] ENIAC [b] EDSAC [c] EDVAC
[e] UNIVAC [d] PC
- List three computing devices that belong to each of 20th century periods.
Define input device and list 5 examples.
ASSIGNMENT: CONSTRUCT AN ABACUS MACHINE USING WOOD, THREAD AND BEEDS