Food is important to the human body because it performs the following functions:
- Provides energy for various physical activities
- For replacement, repair and multiplication of cells for growth
- For the maintenance of body heat
- For the manufacture of blood cells
- For the protection of the body against diseases
- For proper functioning of the body systems
- It eliminates hunger.
- Enhance growth and development.
- Define Food, Nutrition and Nutrients
- State the six classes of food.
- Give three functions of food in the body.
- Nutrition and a balanced Diet
- List 10 different types of food