(A) Functions of carbohydrates in food
1 , it supplies abundant energy to the body in the form of glucose
Table of Contents
2. Help the body grow stronger
3. Satisfy hunger
(B) Functions of proteins
- It repairs worn-out tissues.
- It helps the body to grow and repair body cells.
- Regulate body functions.
(C) Functions of fats & Oils
1 It provides high-level energy.
2. It protects delicate internal organs
3. It provides body heat for warmth
(D) Functions of Vitamins
- Vitamins are very essential to life as they assist in the growth and development of the body tissues and help to maintain good health by protecting the body against infections.
(E) Functions of Mineral Salt
- For blood clotting
- Proper heart, muscles and nerve functions
- For strong bones
- production of red blood cells
- Regulate metabolism.
(F) Functions of water
- It helps to remove waste products from the body.
- It aids in digestion.
- It regulates body temperature.
- Give one example of each class of food.
- Outline four importance of food.