PLURAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS
Correct: Several reported their findings.
Incorrect: Several reported his/her findings.
Both singular and plural indefinite pronouns
All, some, any, none
These indefinite pronouns may be singular or plural, depending on their meaning in the sentence.
Examples: All of my story is true
All of the guests are here – plural
None of the lake is foggy – singular
None of the photos are spoiled – plural.
Underline the indefinite pronouns in the following sentences and then write the correct form of the verb or possessive pronoun in the brackets.
- All the photographs of the killer (is, are) unclear.
- (Has, Have) anybody seen my camera? 3. Many (believes, believe) a monster lives in the lake.
- Each of the photographs (make, makes) people want more.
- All of the evidence (indicates, indicate) that he was killed by his wife.
- Everyone has taken (his, their) payment.
- Several eyewitnesses volunteered to give (his, their) accounts.
- Anyone can lose (her, their) eyesight.
- Another reported (his, their) case to the police.
- Somebody left (her, their) handbag in the lecture hall.