The stock exchange (capital market) is divided into two types
These are Primary market and secondary market.
This is also called new issue market (NIM) . it is a capital market where newly issued securities are offered to the public. In a primary market , transaction (buying and seliing of securities) takes place directly between the issuer and buyers or investors for the first time.
The primary market usually raises capital through the following means.
- Public issue
- Right issue
- Private placement
- Preferential allotment
Features of Primary market
- It is market for new , long term capital
- Securities are issued by the company directly to investors.
- The company issue certificates to investors (buyers).
- It is usually used for selling up new business or expanding existing ones
This is a market where investors trade (buy and sell) securities they already own without the involvement of the company that issued the securities in the primary market. It is also called “after market” because it is where the securities issued at the primary market are bought and sold.
There are basically two types of secondary market. These are auction market band dealer market.
- Auction market
- Dealer market
Features of Secondary market
- It creates liquidity (means of converting security to cash)
- It is security market for previously issued securities
- It comes up after primary market
- Securities are not issued directly by company to investors in a secondary market.
- types of stock exchange
- types of stock exchange markets
- types of stock exchange in india
- types of stock exchange in agriculture
- types of stock exchange in world
- types of stock exchange traders
- types of stock exchange in pakistan
- types of stock exchange in nigeria
- what are the different types of stock exchange
- how many types of stock exchange
- stock exchange
- stock exchange today
- stock exchange definition
- stock exchange hours
- stock exchange bank
- stock exchange holidays 2022
- stock exchange new york
- stock exchange chapel hill
- stock exchanges in the us
- stock exchange estate sales
- primary market
- primary market vs secondary market
- primary market transaction
- primary market definition
- primary market research
- primary market example
- primary market transaction example
- primary market definition economics
- primary market lenders include
- primary market real estate
- secondary market
- secondary market definition
- secondary market research
- secondary market mortgage
- secondary market real estate
- secondary market tickets
- secondary market private equity
- secondary market vs primary market
- secondary market financing
- secondary market annuities
PEOPLE INVOLVED IN STOCK EXCHANGE