Value is the usefulness or worth of something. Value determines or describes what is important to us. Maintenance is the activities carried out on a daily or regular basis to make our things in good working condition. Maintenance preserves the value placed on things.
Table of Contents
WHY MAINTENANCE IS IMPORTANT?
Value is what makes maintenance so important and unique. This is because –
- It makes our tools and equipment last long.
- It reduces the risk of accidents around us.
- It makes our work to be done faster.
- It keeps our equipment in good condition.
- It makes our environment beautiful.
- It reduces waste of money.
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
Value driven maintenance. Maintenance preserves the value placed on things.
- Both are important places on things and actions.
- Both preserve things and actions.
- Both determine the course of action.
- Both bring about better results.
Step I: The teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
Step II: The teacher discusses the relationship between value and maintenance.
Step III: The teacher guides the pupils to state the importance of maintenance.
Step IV: The students contribute to the discussion on the relationship between value and maintenance.
Step V: The students state the importance of maintenance.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- State five (5) importance of maintenance.
- Name two relationships between value and use of old things.