WORD PROCESSING – WELL EXPLAINED
Word processing software is used to manipulate a text document, such as a resume or a report. You typically enter text by typing, and the software provide tools for copying, deleting various type of formatting.
Table of Contents
Word processor is an electronic device or computer software application, which performs the task of composing, editing, formatting and printing of documents.
Functions of Word Processing Software
- Creating, editing, saving and printing document
- Copying, pasting, moving and deleting text with a document
- Formatting text, such as font type, bolding, underlining or italicizing
- Creating and editing table
- Inserting elements from other software, such as illustrations or photographs.
- Correcting spelling and grammar.
Word processing is the computer program that is used for creating, storing, formatting and printing documents. i.e. they are the programs that are useful word processor.
Examples of Word Processor
- Microsoft Word (MS – Word)
- Word Star
- Word Pad
- Word Perfect
- Loco Script
- Word Craft
Uses of Word Processor
- Document input: You can use word processor to type reports, letters and other documents.
- Document formatting: A big advantage that was processing programs has over typewriters is the ability to both compose and format your document using the same program. You can edit your work multiple times before printing a single page.
- Added features: Word processing programs allow adding charts, graphs, tables, and images to your document.
- Correction can be made
- Grammar and spelling can be checked
- Justification of texts
MEDIUM OF INFORMATION TRANSMISSION
Computer Processing Devices