Abstinence is a deliberate decision not to engage in any form of sexual intercourse. Abstinence is the act of abstaining from all forms of sexual practices such as kissing, caressing, pecking, masturbation, writing love letters, unnecessary touching and feeling etc.
Table of Contents
It helps in preventing HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and unwanted pregnancy.
REASON FOR ABSTINENCE FROM SEXUAL INTERCOURSE
- To prevent unwanted pregnancy
- To maintain virginity at the time of marriage
- To avoid sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS
- To avoid shame and disgrace due to unwanted pregnancy
- To live up to parental expectations by making them proud till the end.
- Define abstinence
- States reasons for abstinence from sexual intercourse.
As a student why do you need to abstain from sexual intercourse?