Skills and behaviours that enhance abstinence.
- Decision making: – A heart just like Joseph that says “For me to do this and sin against God, God forbid” should be the watchword of all youths and teenagers before marriage.
- Self-Control: – Self-discipline by allowing the spirit of God needs to be possessed by all youth.
- Knowledge about the danger of sexual intercourse before marriage helps one in moving from it.
- Communication: – Individuals must be able to advise anyone whose heart is full of immoral thoughts about the consequence and be able to move away from such a person.
Facts and benefits of Abstinence from sexual intercourse.
- It is the best for prevention of HIV/AIDS and STDs
- It is a good precaution against teenage pregnancy.
- It does not affect reproduction organs when married.
- It helps in boosting self-esteem.
- It makes one highly respected and honoured.
- It is the best way to please God before marriage.
- It is the glory of the youths.
Benefits of Abstinence from Sexual Intercourse
- It preserves someone’s virginity.
- It helps one to be focused on pursuing life goals.
- It prevents HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections.
- It prevents unwanted pregnancy.
- It boosts self-esteem.
(i) State 3 skills and behaviours that enhances abstinence
Table of Contents
(ii) Highlight 5 facts about abstinence
(iii) What are the benefits of Abstaining from sexual intercourse?
Write the full meaning of: