Safety needs and measures in home, school and work environment.
Safety is a situation which prevents any form of injury while performing any activities. Safety is a precaution against injury while performing any activities. A safe community takes responsibility for supporting its members and each member is well valued.
Table of Contents
Needs/Reason for Safety in our community.
- To prevent loss of life
- To prevent avoidable accidents
- To prevent damage to properties
- To prevent temporary or permanent disabilities.
- It enhances youth employment.
Safety measures in Home, School and Workplace.
- Gas cylinder should be properly closed to prevent gas leakage.
- Proper disposal of waste
- Car keys should be kept away from children and youths.
- All drugs should be taken far away from children’s reach.
- To prevent electronic shocks the house should be properly wired by professionals.
- The school building should be properly constructed.
- Fire extinguishers should be provided in strategic places such as laboratories, offices, kitchens, and healing bays. Etc.
- School hall should be well-ventilated.
- First aid kits should be provided in laboratories, school clinics etc.
- School food should be hygienically prepared and served to avoid food poisoning.
- Original sockets, plugs and other electrical appliances should be used in offices.
- Proper wiring of the building should be put in place.
- Smoking should be disallowed in all offices and restricted to certain areas for instance restaurants.
- Periodic training for staff on how to prevent forms of accidents in the workplace by the safety manager.
- Staff should put off all electrical gadgets after office hours.
Safety guidelines for pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and motorists.
A pedestrian: – This is a person who goes or travels on foot ( a walker).
A cyclist: – This is a person who rides or travels by bicycle, etc.
A Motorcyclist: – This is a person who rides or operates a motorcycle.
A motorist: – Someone who drives a car.
- They should walk opposite traffic rather than backing it while they walk on the road.
- Pedestrians should wear bright-coloured materials while working at night.
- They should look left, right and left again before crossing.
- They should use pedestrian bridges where provided.
- Motorists should never drink alcohol before and when driving.
- They should not over speed
- They should never make or receive phone calls while driving.
- Seat belt should be worn every time.
- They should strictly obey all road signs.
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance.
Cyclists and Motorcyclists.
- They should wear a helmet.
- They must not carry more than one passenger.
- They should observe all road signs.
- They should avoid abnormal horns.
- Proper maintenance of motorcycles.
- Keep the maximum speed limit.
(1) Define the following:
(2) State 5 traffic guidelines
Is there any need for safety in our community? Explain 3 needs for safety in your community.