Boiling is cooking food completely immersed in boiling water.
- Moist foods should be put in cold water and then heated to boil.
- The water should be at the boiling temperature throughout until food is cooked.
- The food should be immersed in water.
- Avoid overcooking.
- Suggested Foods for Boiling
Eggs, Meat, Starchy foods like Sweet Potatoes, Maize, Rice, Beans, Githeri, Bone soup
General Rules for Boiling
Most foods should be put in cold water and then heated to boil.
It should be at boiling temperature throughout until food is cooked.
– Starchy foods like sweet potatoes,maize, rice
– Bone soup