A citizen is a legally recognized member of a politically organized society known as a state. A citizen is simply defined as a legal member of a state or country.
Citizenship education is the process of impacting information about citizen’s status, rights and duties into citizens with a view of making them understand the level of relationship expected of them in the state. It also involves the process of learning the skills, attitude and knowledge of participating in the affairs of a state or country to which you belong.
- Who is a citizen?
- Define citizenship education.
GOALS OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
- It helps citizens to develop consciousness of their legal status in a state and give them patriotic zeal to serve their state and humanity in general.
- It helps citizens to acquire adequate knowledge about their rights and duties in their society.
- Citizenship education teaches citizens values important to make them better individuals in the society. These values include honesty, selflessness, discipline, tolerance etc.
- It also informs citizens about political matters and affairs of the state they belong.
- It enlightenscitizens on political participation and its importance in sustaining democracy.
- It exposes citizens to the prevailing problems facing the society such as HIV/AIDS, economic meltdown, global warming etc. It also broadens their knowledge on ways of solving these problems.
- It provides citizens with ways of promoting social, cultural, moral and economic development.
- What is citizenship education?
- Explain at least five benefits of citizenship education.
- ___ is an individual who is a legal member of a state (a) Alien (b) Foreigner (c) Citizen
- ___ is the highest court in Nigeria (a) Federal high court (b) Magistrate court (c) Supreme court
- ___ is the lower legislative chamber in Nigeria (a) House of common (b) House of senate (c) House of assembly
- Who among these nationalist leaders became the first Prime Minister in Nigeria? (a) Ahmadu Bello (b) TafawaBalewa (c) ObafemiAwolowo
- A child born by Nigerian parent can claim citizenship of United Kingdom if ___ (a) the child travels to United Kingdom (b) the child is born in United Kingdom (c) the parent of the child travels to United Kingdom
- What is nationalism?
- State five roles of government to its citizens.
WOMEN TRAFFICKING AND CHILD LABOUR ERADICATION FOUNDATION