Consumerism – The actions of individuals and government responsible for consumer dissatisfaction in exchange relations. In other words, consumerism is a protest of consumers against unfair business practices and business injustices. Consumerism makes sure that businesses provide useful information and make sure that consumers get quality for their money.
Table of Contents
Meaning of A Right
This is something that one is morally, legally, and socially allowed to do or have. Right, are social, legal, and fundamental principles of what is allowed to people by a legal system.
Meaning of Consumer Right – Refers to a consumer’s right to satisfy to be informed to choose and to provide manufacturers with information concerning their product.
RIGHTS OF CONSUMER
- Safety and hygienic product
- Right to be heard
- Right to choose
- Seeking redness
- Right to consumer education
- Right to a healthy environment
- Right to basic needs
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CONSUMER
Rights and responsibilities are two sides of the same coin along with consumer rights, there are also consumer responsibilities. They are as follows:
- To provide adequate information to the seller
- To exercise caution in purchasing
- To file a complaint in case of genuine grievances
- To be quality conscious
- To exercise his legal rights
- To be cautious against false and misleading advertisements
- To insist on cash memo or receipt
- Social concern
- Environmental awareness
(1) What is the meaning of Right?
(2) What is the meaning of consumer rights? (3) List and explain five universal rights of a consumer