Here are some shopping tips that can help you make the most of your shopping experience:
Table of Contents
1. Make a shopping list: Before you head out or start browsing online, make a list of the items you need. This will help you stay focused and avoid impulsive purchases.
2. Set a budget: Determine how much you can afford to spend on your shopping trip and stick to it. It’s easy to overspend when you don’t have a budget in mind.
3. Do some research: If you’re planning to make a big purchase or buy a specific product, do some research beforehand. Read reviews, compare prices, and gather information to make an informed decision.
4. Look for discounts and deals: Keep an eye out for sales, discounts, and coupons. Many stores offer loyalty programs or have email newsletters that notify you of upcoming promotions.
5. Compare prices: Before making a purchase, compare prices across different stores or online platforms. You might find the same item at a lower price elsewhere.
6. Quality over quantity: Instead of buying a lot of cheap items, consider investing in fewer high-quality products. They may last longer and save you money in the long run.
7. Try before you buy: If you’re shopping for clothing or shoes, try them on before making a purchase. Sizes and fits can vary between brands, so it’s important to ensure the item suits you well.
8. Read the return policy: Before making a purchase, familiarize yourself with the store’s return policy. This way, if you’re not satisfied with the product, you know what options are available to you.
9. Bring reusable bags: If you’re shopping at a store that doesn’t provide bags or charges for them, bring your reusable bags. This helps reduce waste and saves you money.
10. Take advantage of technology: Use shopping apps, price comparison websites, and online reviews to aid your shopping experience. These tools can provide valuable information and help you find the best deals.
Remember, shopping should be enjoyable, so take your time, make smart choices, and prioritize your needs and preferences.
Meaning of Needs and Wants
- Needs refer to things we cannot do without. There are things we need to satisfy our basic requirements such as food, shelter, and cloth.
- Wants are things we would like to have, goods and services that are necessary but we desire or wish to have them.
All business activities should be directed to satisfy the customer. Emphasis on the needs and wants of consumers keeps the business on the right track.
Needs are fundamental to human survival, wants are something additional that a human being desires after he has satisfied his needs
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NEEDS AND WANTS
|They are necessary for one to survive then they they||They are desire either to use in the present or future|
|Needs are the same. They do not differ from one person to another wants||Wants differ from the person to another|
Meaning of Impulse buying: refers to buying things without planning to do so.
EFFECTS OF IMPULSE BUYING – it affects the family budget adversely. At last, the buyer often buys things that are not needed or stored more than needs.
MEANING OF AFTER-SALES SERVICE: this refer to any assistance a seller renders to a buyer after a service or goods has been sold, it is a means of ensuring that a buyer is satisfied with the product or service he/she purchased.
BENEFIT OF AFTER-SALES SERVICE
- it builds and sustains customer loyalty
- free service during the guarantee period is the best selling point
- Sales campaign will achieve remarkable success.
- It builds up and maintains the seller’s goodwill.
- Complaints and grievances regarding service will be promptly and efficiently dealt with by the seller.
This is a written document made by a seller or company to a buyer of a product or service. It says that if the product or service does not function properly within a particular period, it would be replaced, or repaired or the money would be refunded.
A warranty is an assurance of the quality, service, and performance of the product.
TYPES OF WARRANTY
- Warranty against the defects.
- Express warranty.
- Extended warranty.
Installation means setting up a system or machinery for use. Installation differs from company to company some companies, install at no cost while some charge their customers.
- Define needs, wants, and impulse buyers.
- Write a short note on :
- After-sales service.