It occurs due to temporary loss of blood flow in the brain causing a brief loss of consciousness.
- Illness such as anemia
- After receiving bad or good news
- Standing for a long time
- Avoid standing for too long.
- Avoid overcrowding and poorly ventilated rooms.
- Break bad news calmly.
- Lay the casualty down and raise the legs slightly above the level of his head.
- Loosen all tight clothing.
- Ensure there is plenty of fresh air.
Reassure the casualty.
Gradually, raise him into the sitting position and give sips of water, if required. If he/she does not regain consciousness, seek medical assistance.