This happens when blood comes out of the nose. It may be caused by an injury, blowing the nose forcefully and picking the nose. Someone pinching the nose to prevent blood from coming out during nose bleeding. The head should be slightly bent.
- Avoid picking the nose.
- Avoid blowing the nose too hard and often where possible.
- Sit the casualty down with the head forward.
- Pinch the nose firmly below the bridge for 10 minutes, making the person breath through the mouth.
- After 10 minutes, request the casualty to release the pressure on the nose.
- Encourage the casualty to spit out any blood that flows into the mouth.
- If nose bleeding persists beyond 30 minutes, seek medical attention.