ABORTION: Is defined as the deliberate termination of human pregnancy. It ends the pregnancy by removing the foetus and embryos before it can survive outside the uterus.
Table of Contents
TYPES OF ABORTION
- INDUCED ABORTION: This is the intentional decision of a woman to end the pregnancy through surgery or by taking medicine.
- 2. SPONTANEOUS / MISCARRIAGE ABORTION: This is when abortion happens naturally on its own without induction.
REASON FOR ABORTION.
- Birth control contraceptive failure
- Inability to support or care for a child.
- Unwanted pregnancy.
- to prevent the birth of a child with birth defect.
- pregnancy developed as a result of rape or incest.
- Health problem that may endanger the woman life.
- Fear of expulsion from school/fear of parent.
CONSEQUENCE OF UNSAFE ABORTION.
- Incomplete abortion may lead to hemorrhage, cramps and pain in the pelvics and protracted bleeding for more than 3 weeks.
- Infection my rise as a result of the use of unsterilized instrument.
- It may lead to perforation of the uterus.
- It may lead to secondary sterility.
- Feeling of guilt and shame
- It may lead to frequent miscarriage and premature birth
- It may lead to physical trauma before and after the abortion.
WAYS OF PREVENTING ABORTION.
- Having proper sex education.
- Pregnancy prevention plan [PPP].
- Uses of Condom
- Sterilization which prevent the user from getting pregnant.
NEED TO SEEK FOR COUNSELLING OVER UNWANTED PREGNANCY
Seeking assistance involving providing support or relief to make the situation bearable.
- it will make it easier to cope with the problem.
- it will give situation to the problem.
- it gives an idea of where to get additional help when it is needed
- it relieves emotional trauma.
- it can also improve quality of life.