A federation/federalism is a system of government in which powers of government are shared between two levels of government. Both the central and the component units.
Reasons why countries adopt federal system of government:
- It is only suitable for a country with a large size.
- To avoid big or bigger nation dominate them.
- For defense, protection and security of its citizens and territory
- To promote national unity of the different groups that make up the country.
- To facilitate easy administration and even development of the component unity.
- Define Federalism
Mention five reasons countries adopt a federal system of government