Homophones are words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings.
Table of Contents
She will buy music composed by my favourite artist.
Homophones are often confused when writing by many students because of similarity in pronunciation.
Examples of common homophones in English
More examples of homophones
Give the homophones and the meanings of the following words.
- In 6. Knight
- Heard 7. Knows
- Horse 8. Tick
- Hey 9. Rung
- Need 10. Sees
- In –inn 6. Knight – night
- Heard – herd 7. Knows – nose
- Horse – hoarse 8. Tick – tic
- Key – quay 9. Rung – wrung
- Need – knead 10. Sees – seize