Office equipment are tools and assets used by a firm or an organization. The organisations use them for the following:-
- To receive information
- To disseminate information
- For saving valuable items, etc.
VARIOUS TYPES OF OFFICE EQUIPMENT
The various types of office equipment in use in an office are :-
This is a place when documents, surplus cash, and valuable items are kept
ADVANTAGES OF OFFICE CABINET
- It prevents document, cash and valuable items from being stolen
- It prevents the above items from fire explosion
This is a machine which prints letters on paper by means of keys
- It makes the secretary work faster
- It presents the typed work neatly
- It is faster than using pen to write
This is a machine through which information relating to an organization in question is received and given. Telephone could be digital or analogue
- It helps to give out information
- It helps to receive information
- What are the advantages of office cabinet?
- What is a telephone?
This is an electronic machine or device which accepts data in the form of input, processes it, and gives out information in the form of output. Kinds of computer are-:
- personal or micro computer
- mini computer
- it is faster
- it gives accurate information
- Information is easily accessed through the use of computer
This is also called adding machine. This is an electronic, machine which performs arithmetic work of division, multiplication , and subtraction, etc.
- it performs arithmetic work at faster rate
- it gives accurate information based on input
This type of machine is used by large organization, and it is used to send and receive short information for the organization
- what is office equipment?
- it is faster than computer
- other equipment are telex, telegram photocopy machine, etc.
- what is office equipment?
- state seven office equipment you know
- The place where cash and valuable document are kept is called——a. office file
- office shelve c. office cabinet
- A machine which accepts data, processes it and gives information is called
- photocopy b. calculator c. computer
- A machine which prints letter on paper by means of keys isa. typewriter computer c. fax machine
- A machine used for sending and receiving short information is called fax machine b. text machine c. photocopy machine
- These are the office equipment except telephone b. typewriter c. file
- Define the following computer b. typewriter
- Mention five office equipment you know
- Define office equipment
- List seven office equipment that you know
- Give one functions of each of the office equipment you listed above.
- State the advantages of using the typewriter.
- Give the reason for the use of office equipment in the office.
DEPARTMENTS IN AN ORGANSIATION
INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS STUDIES
CORRECT SPACING AND PUNCTUATION MARKS