The future tense is used for an action which is about to take place. It is formed by using shall or will and a simple.
Present tense – for example:
- They will work hard next week
- She will sell bread in the evening
- I shall eat rice tomorrow
Aside will and shall – we also make use of “ be going to” to express a future action e.g.
- You were going to meet Lanre tonight
- Are you going to meet Lanre tonight?
Use the following to construct sentences in the futures tense:
(i) Will (ii) Be going to (iii) Shall
Explain the following tense forms using your own words.
(i) Future tense (2) past continuous tense