As explained earlier, social studies is the study of man and his environment.
Table of Contents
OBJECIVES OF SOCIAL STUDIES
- To make us useful and responsible citizens
- To help us understand how our physical environment can be utilized for our benefit.
- To teach us how to be patriotic (a having a great love for one’s country) as a citizens.
- To train us on how to be a good followers.
- To inculcate in us sense of co-operation, honesty and tolerance
- To know how to interact peacefully with other people in the society.
- To make us understand and appreciate different cultures in our society.
- To prepare us for future leadership role in the society.
- To give us balanced education.
IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL STUDIES
- It helps in exposing individual student to different societies and cultures.
- It helps in training our youths to become responsible citizens.
- It helps in preparing the youths to become responsible future leaders.
- It also makes students to be familiar with their social and physical environments.
- It encourages students to be a good citizen.
- It emphasizes the importance of peaceful co-existence and tolerance.
- It trains us how to meaningfully contribute to the development of our nation.
- State five objectives of social studies
- Highlight four importance of social studies