A smartphone is a cell phone that allows you to do more than make phone calls and send text messages. Smartphones can browse the Internet and run software programs like a computer. Smartphones use a touch screen to allow users to interact with them.
Table of Contents
Parts of a smart phone
The following are parts of a smart phone
- Speaker and mic.
- Signal Processor.
- On board Processor (CPU)
- RAM & ROM.
- ADC – DAC Converter.
- Camera and WiFi circuit.
Uses of a smart phone
Its uses include:
- Sending and receiving emails, text, photographs and multimedia messages.
- Registering contacts.
- Calculator, currency, alarm, etc. functions.
- Browsing the Internet using a mobile browser.
- Playing games.
- Video chat.
- Point of sale terminal when paying for goods or services.
- Barcode scanning
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Smart phones”
Step III: Teacher explains the parts of a smart phone
Step IV: Teacher explains the uses of a smart phone
Step V: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
Answer the following questions
- State examples types of smart phone
- List three parts of a smart phone
- Define a smart phone
- State two uses of a smart phone