Some of the professionals in physical and health education in Nigeria include:
- Harding J. Ekperigin
- Prof. M.O. Ajisafe
- Prof. John Adedeji
- Prof. James Abodunrin Amala
- Isaac Akioye
A). Harding j. Ekperigin: He was all-round sportsman in his days.
- He formed the central committee of Amateur Athletics Association in 1944.
- He encouraged the formation of a professional organization for physical and health education in 1961.
(B) Prof. M.O Ajisafe: He is one of the pioneers of curriculum and instruction materials in physical education.
- In 1969, he with others successfully canvassed for the adoption of a syllabus that will reflect the geo-cultural background of Nigeria to replace the 1933 syllabus imported to the country by the British Government.This gave birth to the current 6-3-3-4 system of education
(C) Isaac Akioye:
- He was the first professional to be appointed as Director of sports at the National sports Commission. During his tenure, the Nigeria polytechnic game association (Nipoga), the Nigeria colleges of education games association (NICEGA) and the Nigerian schools sports federation (NSSF) were founded
- Prof. John Adedeji he was one of the pioneers of physical and health education in Nigeria. He started as a lecturer in the university of ife at the institute of physical education
He was a member of the committee that wrote the physical education syllabus for junior and senior secondary schools in Nigeria.
- Prof. James Abodunrin
- He has been involved in the promotion of Health education
- He served the country in various capacities.especially as a consultant on health education for the world health organisation (WHO).
There are other outstanding professionals, many of whom are the university professionals who have contributed greatly to the development of physical and health education in Nigeria.
Some of these professionals include:
1 Mr Funsho Adeolu
- Mr Hemi Tells
- Prof. Dr Eniola Lasun etc