A digital wrist watch is used for keeping time. It tells time in seconds, minutes and hours. A digital wrist watch also shows the date.
Table of Contents
Parts of a digital wristwatch
- Case: The case holds the inner working parts of the watch.
- Lugs: The lugs are where the case of the watch connects to the strap or metal bracelet of the watch, by use of metal spring bars.
- Crown: The crown is what is used to change the time. …
- Strap / Buckle.
- Dial / Face.
Uses of a digital wristwatch
The uses of a digital wristwatch include the following:
- For telling time
- For showing the date
- For setting alarms
- For finding directions
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Digital wristwatch ”
Step III: Teacher explains the parts of a digital wristwatch
Step IV: Teacher explains the uses of a digital wristwatch
Step V: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- What is a digital wristwatch?
- State two parts of a digital wristwatch
- Describe three uses of a digital wristwatch
- Draw a digital wristwatch.