Field events are the events which involve the throwing and throwing on the field where the height cleared and distance covered are measure to determine a winner.
Table of Contents
Field events can be grouped two:
- THE THROWS: are all the events which involve the throwing of some implements for distance. These implements are called missiles.
Examples of throwing events are the followings;
- Shot put event
- Discus event
iii. Hammer event
- Javelin event
- THE JUMPS: are the events that involve jumping for height over a raised object or jumping for distance from a marked spot on a flat surface into a demarcated pit.
Examples of jumping events are the followings;
- Long jump
- Triple jump
- Pole vault
- High jump
EQUIPMENTS AND FACILITIES FOR JUMPING EVENTS
- The measuring tape
- The run-way
- Red and white flags
- The landing pits
- Record sheets and writing materials
- Step board
- Cross bar and pegs
- Pole vault stick
- Land foam etc
WEIGHT SPECIFICATION FOR SHOT- PUT
JAVELIN WEIGHT LENGTH
WEIGHT SPECIFICATION FOR DISCUS
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT GUIDE THROWING EVENTS
- Any missile that lands outside the landing sector is a foul.
- Any throw taken outside the throwing sector is a foul
- The throwers are allowed to throw three times
- All throwers must commerce action only inside the circle or scratch line
- All throws must be thrown into one direction
- The measurement must be taken by placing the zero end of the tape on the ground where the missile first made contact with the ground.