There are various forms or ways by which database can be set up. They include:
Table of Contents
- Flat file database
- Relational database
- Hierarchical database
- Network database
- Operational database
- Distributed database
- End user database
FLAT FILE DATABASE
This is the traditional data file storage system ideal for storing small amounts of data that needs to be humanly readable or edited by hand. They are called flat because they contain only one table. The disadvantage is that flat files can be corrupted easily.
This is the most common of all the different types of database, files are organized in tables called relations. Each table has a key filed which is used to connect to other tables. Hence the tables are connected through several key fields.
This form of database has a tree-like structure. In this database, a single table acts as the root of the database from which other tables are connected. All windows operating system operate tree like database.
This database was designed to solve some of the more serious problems with hierarchical database model. Visually network database looks like hierarchical database.
This form of database is stored on different location connected by client/server network. Data that is been stored are transmitted through network. Each work group may have their own database and are connected through network.
EXAMPLES OF DATABASE
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL server
- Write short notes on distributed database and flat file database
- What is database?
- What is relational database?
- What differentiate relational database other forms of database?
- Mention the forms of database.
- Explain relational database
- Which of the database connects several tables? A. network database B. flat file database C. relational database D distributed database
- Which of the databases is like tree structure? A. network database B. flat file database C. relational database D. distributed database
- One of these applications is not a database application. A. oracle B. foxBASE C. spreadsheet D. MS Access
- Which of the databases was designed to solve more problem? A. network database B. flat file database C. relational database D. distributed database
- All but one is not among the types of database. A. network database B. flat file database C. digital database D. distributed database
- Why is relational database mostly used?
- Explain network database