MEANING OF TRUTHFULNESS
Truthfulness is a quality that is exhibited by a person who tells the truth all the time even if it will put him or her in trouble. A truthful person is an honest person.
Table of Contents
ATTRIBUTES OF TRUTHFULNESS
Some of the attributes of truthfulness are
- Avoiding lies
- Standing by the truth always, even if such truth will hurt you.
- Dealing with people not in a cunning or crafty manner
ATTRIBUTES OF FAIRPLAY
The characteristics of people who practise fair play are
- Not being nepotic
- Straight forwardness in dealing with others
- Wanting the best for their organization/community/family
1. List four features of a person of a fair play
2. State thee rewards of truthfulness
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- Define truthfulness
- State four attributes of truthfulness
- Highlight three factors that cause people to tell lies
- List four consequences of not being truthful
- What is fair-play?
WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT – SECTION A
- ____ is a term used when players in a game or business play according to the rules without cheating.
- hardwork B. co-operation C. obedience . D. fair play
- One of the following is NOT an attribute of fair play.
- reliability B. not being nepotic C. truthfulness D. cleverness
- The following are the factors that cause people to tell lies except
- to deceive B.To cover up a bad behavior C. To cover up misdeeds D. to become popular
- The attributes of a fruitful person are the following except A. avoiding lies B. Not covering evil deeds C, standing by the truth always D. Reading the minds of people
- Which of the following is NOT a reward of being truthful? A. Clear consciences B. Receiving awards from reputable bodies C. inability to occupy a position of trust D. receiving trust worthy accommodation.
- Describe the consequences of not being truthful
- Explain the meaning of fairplay and outline three characteristics of a person of fairplay