Physical fitness is the ability of an individual to have sufficient energy to perform one`s work effectively without unnecessary fatigue and still have little extra as a to enjoy social activities and cope with emergencies after daily work
Table of Contents
Physical fitness can be simply defined as the ability of an individual to perform his or her daily work well without feeling too tired and still have reserve energy to do some other activities.
PHYSICAL FITNESS CAN BE GROUPED INTO TWO PARTS
- Health related components of physical fitness:-They are directly related and affect the health of an individual. They are essential for survival regardless of a person`s sex, age, religion or occupation. These includes
- Muscular strength
- Muscular endurance
- Cardio-vascular-respiratory endurance
- Performance or Skills related components of physical fitness-They are essential for skills performance, They are regarded as additional to health related components. These are the abilities required by an individual to excel in the various sporting activities. These include:
- Reaction and time
BODY CONDITIONING PROGRAMMES- Are carefully selected and well planned physical activities or exercises purposely designed to achieve physical fitness in an individual.
SOME POPULAR BODY CONDITIONING PROGRAMMES
- Push- up
- Sit- up
- Sit and reach
- Bench press
- Pull ups
- Dancing etc
- Define physical fitness
- List two major components of physical fitness
- Mention two ways in which physical fitness is important
- What do you understand by body conditioning programmes?