Meaning and Types of Rights and Duties of Citizen
Rights are privileges given to citizens who are protected by the constitution of a country. These rights include:
Table of Contents
- right to life
- right to dignity of human Person
- right, to vote and be voted for in any political election.
- right to fair hearing.
- right to freedom of movement.
- right to personal liberty.
- right to peaceful assembly and association.
- right to ownership of property and protection from deprivation property.
- right to freedom of expression and press
- right to freedom from unlawful detention, arrest and tortue
DUTIES AND OBLIGATION OF A CITIZEN
Duties are the constitutional responsibilities a citizen is expected to perform for effective functioning of a country.
The duties and obligation of a citizen to his country are:
- obeying the law
2. paying taxes, rates and dues
- assisting the law enforcement agents.
- loyalty to the country
- defence of the country
- respect national- symbols e.g national Flag, national Anthem etc.
- respect for the Head of State.
- helping in community development efforts.
- non- interference with others’ rights.
- right attitude to work
- Mention ten duties of a Citizen