An adverb modifies a verb, an adjective or another adverb.
Types of adverbs
- Adverbs of manner: they denote how an action is being carried out. Examples are boldly, quickly, friendly, happily etc.
- Adverbs of time: adverbs of time tell us the time when an action takes place. Examples are- yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, weekend etc.
- Adverbs of degree: adverbs of degree answers the question “How?”: for example; the food is too hot.
- Adverbs of place
- The book is on the table.
- The girl is in the room.
This answers the question “Where?”
Underline the adverbs in these sentences:
- Olu dressed neatly
- The girl smiles very beautifully
- Chioma walks quickly to school
- Amina reads well
- We go to school everyday
- The man died last week
- The boy can play here.
- The boy writes neatly.
- Eze is here