A career is defined as a chosen profession in which someone acquires skills or education to do as to earn a living.
Table of Contents
Career opportunities in physical education
These are some of the career of the opportunities in physical and health education
- Sports officiating
- Sports Marketing
- Sports journalism
- Sports management
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Health counseling
- Health Journalism
- Health Research
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Administrator
- Fitness instructor etc
- Teaching: As a career in physical and health education, Teaching is required at all levels of education.
- Coaching: it is required at sports councils, clubs, and other physical activity-oriented organizations.
- Physical instructors: they are responsible for developing conditioning programs in various sports
4. Sports marketing: Sports marketers raise funds by selling sports events to interested groups especially those interested in advertising their products through sports
5. Sports Physiotherapy: they are meant to improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent sports injury.
- Sports psychology: Sports psychologist use their techniques and procedures to improve the performance of their athletes
- Health Journalism: the health journalist reports Health related matters in the media, especially newspapers, and magazines
- Health consultant: the health consultant advises in a particular area of health.
Sports promotion Agencies and bodies in Nigeria
Sports promotion agencies are organized bodies that support and encourage sports in Nigeria
The following are some of the sports-promoting agencies and bodies in Nigeria.
- National Sports Commission (NSC
- National Institute for sports (NIS)
- National Association for Physical, Health Education, Recreation Sports and Dance –NAPHERSD
- Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN)
- Badminton Federation of Nigeria (BFN)
- Cricket Federation of Nigeria (CDN)
- Gymnastics Federation of Nigeria (BFN)
- Nigeria football federation (NFF)
- Nigeria boxing federation (NBF)
- Nigeria hockey federation (NHF)
- Nigeria table tennis federation (NTTF)
- Nigeria volleyball federation (NVBF) etc
The agencies and bodies promoting health education in Nigeria
Some various agencies or organizations take care of the health problems of the public. They do this through research, fundraising, preventive medicine, and education.
Some of these organizations include:
- Ministry of Health
- Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- National Agency For Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
- Nigeria Association of Health Education Teachers (NAHET
- Nigeria School Health Association (NSHA)
- What do these acronyms stand for