Division of labor: Dividing a job into many specialized parts, with a single worker or a few workers assigned to each part. Division of labor is important to mass production.
Table of Contents
Division of labour within each group of occupation.
Occupational or Simple Division of Labour: This means division of people in society according to occupations or trades. In this each individual takes a particular type of occupation for which he is best suited.
OCCUPATION REQUIRING DIVISION OF LABOUR
Projects/occupation that requires division of labour are: Medical services framing, home, schools etc.
What are the four stages of division of labour?
- Specialisation in one trade: ADVERTISEMENTS: …
- Specialisation in specific processes of production: After, the Industrial Revolution, the techniques of production changed.
- Localisation of territorial specialization: Large scale industry could not be run efficiently at home.
- International Division of labour:
ADVANTAGES OF DIVISION OF LABOUR
- Production of Quality Goods.
- Increase in production.
- Reduction in the cost of production.
- Maximum utilization of machinery.
- Large scale production.
- Saving of time.
- Encouragement to inventions.
- Increase in profit.
- Best selection of the workers